Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm not doing this for you.

Whoever you are out there, this isn't for your pleasure.
I didn't stay awake at night, pondering ways to make you happy, and find me interesting.
I will update this when I feel it's right, and if you want to read along, or comment, I would love it.
But remember. This is my project.
It's for bettering my life.

Well.
Now that it's good and awkward between us...

Hi!


I'm Megan!
I don't really have blue hair. 
And that's Katie.
But we won't focus on her right now.... not that she isn't important. 
(Because she definitely is, she's my favorite)
But this is my introduction.

I live in a small town in the Northwest, and I'm going to be graduating this year.
I turned 18 years old three days ago, and I'm not sure what to think of it yet.
Soon I'll be off to college, and I have no idea what I'm doing.
Everything is happening so fast...
But, that's why I love art! It gives you time to sit back for a while, and enjoy things.

Speaking of art...
That's what I like to do.
I love drawing, and painting, and colors, and design.
I love to read and write, and take photographs.

My friend Lindsey
(say hi to Lindsey)
Anyways, my friend Lindsey says I should go to art school next year.
I'm not so sure.
I mean, I know I would love it.
But how far would it get me?

That's part of the reason I am expressing myself on here right now.
I want to not only take advantage of art for the present, and preserve it here...
I also want to see if I can catch a glimpse of my future.
See if this is truely the path for me. 
And maybe even learn something about me at the same time!

Among other things, I'll be posting pictures, scans of drawings, videos, music I like, books I'm reading, and maybe updates of what's going on with me.
As well as some excerpts from my 365 day writing project if I ever write anything worth sharing.


So these first few posts might be slow. 
And wordy.
But it's preparing myself. And you if you're out there. 

I will see you soon.

sincerely 
megan


No comments: